- Were you associated with a high-compliance school that promised a rigorous education and college acceptance but demanded compliance, obedience, and silence?
- Did you find yourself at odds with the methods, policies, curriculum, and/or testing?
- Do you feel like your experience and concerns were unwelcome, shamed, discredited, or silenced?
- Do you feel a need to describe your lived experiences in writing or in art?
- –OR–Have you conducted a study on No Excuses Schools in the last 5 years?
If so, propose a chapter! We are collecting written and visual art counter-narratives that expose the distressing side of high-compliance schooling for our upcoming book, Inexcusable: Contemporary Counter-Narratives Expose the “New Face” of No Excuses Schools published by Myers Education Press. We need authors, artists, and researchers with first-hand experience at high compliance, “No Excuses” schools to tell their stories. Students, teachers, families, academics are all welcome. No writing experience necessary. No minimum length.
- Name of Author(s)
- Contact Information
- Proposed Title
- Draft (essay, poem, art piece, photograph, etc.) If you need help writing your counter-narrative click here.
- Required information about the chapter:
- City/State relevant to chapter
- Years relevant to chapter
- Short Bio Sketch–paragraph about author(s).
*No identifying information about schools or people will be published. Authors will have the right to revise and approve all work before it is published.
Proposal Due: March 27, 2020. Submit HERE.